Job Title : Admin Apprentice
Employer : Staithe Surgery
Location : Norwich, Norfolk, NR12 9BU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business, Administration, Finance and Law
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01615
Vacancy Short Description : A new, exciting opportunity has arisen for an admin apprentice to join our friendly supportive team. The successful candidate will undertake duties within the administration office and reception, whilst working towards their Administration Qualification.
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades A-C or 9- 4. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, may be offered an appointment to come into college (Easton or Otley campus) and sit an online assessment to confirm program suitability.
Vacancy Full Description : Key duties include:
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patient and other visitors, either in person or on the telephone.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Processing telephone and face to face requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations.
- Processing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Providing clerical assistance to practice and external agencies, including typing letters, filing, photocopying and scanning.
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
- Dealing with patient queries.
- Updating and maintaining correct computer records.
A full job description is available on request.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 33 hours per week worked over four days (days to be agreed with successful candidate)
Salary : £128.70 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Personal Qualities : As above
Skills Required : Essential Skills:
- Computer experience
- Ability to deal with patients, external agencies and colleagues politely and sensitively on the phone and in person.
- Explain and take messages clearly.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Able to work well as part of a team, and using your own initiative.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and able to provide cover.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to record and retain instructions given or explained by others.
- Ability to attend work at the designated start time.
- Quick learner.
- Confident to ask questions.
A full description of skills and personal qualities can be available on request.
Future Prospects : There is the possibility for a permanent contract upon completion of the apprenticeship, however, this does depend on availability and if there are any vacancies available at that time.
Training to be Provided : Business Administrator Level 3 qualification including Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
Other Information : Shortlisting and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy ad. This may mean that the vacancy could close before the published cut-off date should a suitable candidate be found.
Things to consider : This vacancy will involve long hours working on a computer. The vacancy will also require you to sign confidentiality declarations.
The map below shows the employer's location