Job Title : Customer Service / Dispensary Apprentice
Employer : Staithe Surgery
Location : Norwich, Norfolk, NR12 9BU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business, Administration, Finance and Law
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01616
Vacancy Short Description : A new, exciting opportunity has arisen for apprentice to join our friendly supportive team. The successful candidate will undertake duties within the dispensary, whilst working towards their Customer Service Qualification.
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades A-C or 9- 4. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, may be offered an appointment to come into college (Easton or Otley campus) and sit an online assessment to confirm program suitability.
Vacancy Full Description : - Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patient and other visitors, either in person or on the telephone.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
- Dealing with patient queries.
- Receiving and processing orders for medication.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the dispensary.
- Keeping the reception area, notice boards, and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstructions and clutter.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 33 hours per week worked over four days (days to be agreed with successful candidate)
Salary : £128.70 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 20/09/2019
Possible Start Date : 30/09/2019
Personal Qualities : As above
Skills Required : Essential Skills:
- Computer experience
- Ability to deal with patients, external agencies and colleagues politely and sensitively on the phone and in person.
- Explain and take messages clearly.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Able to work well as part of a team, and using your own initiative.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and able to provide cover.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to record and retain instructions given or explained by others.
- Ability to attend work at the designated start time.
- Quick learner.
- Confident to ask questions.
Future Prospects : There is the possibility for a permanent contract upon completion of the apprenticeship, however, this does depend on availability and if there are any vacancies available at that time
Training to be Provided : Customer Service Practitioner Standard Level 2 including Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
Other Information : Shortlisting and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy ad. This may mean that the vacancy could close before the published cut-off date should suitable candidates be found.
Things to consider : This vacancy will involve long hours working on a computer. The vacancy will also require you to sign confidentiality declarations.
The map below shows the employer's location