Job Title : Land Based Service Engineering Apprentice
Employer : Braintree District Council
Location : Braintree, Essex, CM7 3RU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01600
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to begin a career as a land based service engineer with a local council
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades A-C or 9- 4. Evidence of qualifications will be required. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Vacancy Full Description : 1.To undertake basic repairs and maintenance tasks on a range of horticultural plant and machinery including tractors, used for grass cutting and hedge trimming
2. To operate and maintain horticultural vehicles and ancillary equipment (where appropriately trained) such as ride on mowing machines mini tractors and a range of hand held power tools such as blowers strimmer’s and pedestrian mowers.
3. To use all equipment in a safe manner in accordance with manufacturers instructions and report any defect or damage to the team leader or supervisor.
4. To ensure that schedules of programmed and non programmed work are undertaken in accordance with service standards and the requirement of the team leader.
5. Undertake site inspections and quality control monitoring with parks and open space areas, including children’s play areas and maintaining records in accordance with departmental quality procedures and ensure that any issues are with prior to resolution
6. To ensure that the councils health and safety procedure are adhered to and that safe working practises and proper use of all equipment and PPE are observed by the post holder and others for responsible.
7. To ensure high standards of customer care are maintained and that all enquiries from the public, elected members and internal sources are dealt with efficiently and courteously, or refer issues to relevant supervisor.
8. To undertake any other duties as detailed by the horticultural manager.
9. To attend and participate in operational team meetings
11To work on own initiative from work schedules and work sheets and complete all the appropriate documentation on a daily basis as required..
12.To work towards successful completion of the Modern Apprenticeship scheme
This apprenticeship includes BLOCK week attendance at Easton Campus where travel and/or accommodation costs will be met by the employer.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon Fri 7am – 3.30pm 1 hour lunch break
Salary : £144.30 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 26/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 12/08/2019
Personal Qualities : The successful applicant needs to have good communication skills, time keeping and a genuine passion to begin a career in engineering.
They will also be flexible in working hours depending on business requirements.
Skills Required : Ideally you will have some experience even if it is just having fixed or taken apart garden lawnmowers or similar equipment.
Training to be Provided : College Attendance:
Easton Campus block release 1 week in 6 approx
Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks.
Things to consider : Please bear in mind the physical nature of this role.
You will be on your feet for most of the day.
Consideration must be given to how you will get to Easton Campus for your block release College attendance approx. 1 week in 6. The cost or travel and/ or accommodation will be met by the employer.
The map below shows the employer's location