Job Title : Apprentice Leisure Attendant
Employer : Sentinel Leisure Trust (Waterlane)
Location : Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 2NH
Position Type : Apprenticeship/Internship
Sector : Sport
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01477
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to develop a career in the leisure industry with a long established, highly prestigious Suffolk and Norfolk based company
Qualifications Required : Minimum of 3 x GCSE’s at Grade E/2 or above, including Maths and English, (or equivalent)
Vacancy Full Description : Service Delivery
1. Assist and supervise customers in their use of the facilities, ensuring their safety and well-being at all times.
2. Undertake pool supervision ensuring the safety of the public and colleagues, observing the pool safety operating procedures at all times ensuring correct poolside positions and constant visual patrols are maintained.
3. Undertake specialist coaching and instruction where suitably qualified to do so.
4. Assist in all areas of the facility undertaking any reasonable duties required.
5. Assisting with the stocking of machines, presentation and display of goods and marketing literature within the centre.
6. Undertake all relevant administration tasks as necessary.
7. Set up and dismantle equipment as determined by the programme, in a proper and safe manner.
8. Carry out regular routine inspections of the sports equipment, with specific attention being given to sports equipment, pool areas and plant areas in order to ensure satisfactory operation and maintenance of safety standards.
9. Undertake regular cleaning duties as detailed in the cleaning programme in order to attain a high level of cleanliness and maintenance of health and safety standards.
10. Ensure the centre is well presented and monitor standards of cleanliness in customer critical areas such as changing rooms and toilets.
11. Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure any unsafe practices are promptly dealt with or reported as appropriate.
12. Adhere to all regulations and legislation relating to working with children.
13. Administer first aid where suitably qualified, and complete accident and incident report forms.
14. Participate in the organisation, supervision and promotion of activities, achieving maximum usage levels for all sessions.
15. To patrol the facility maintaining good order by the users, and reporting any defects and breakages of the building and equipment to the Duty Manager
16. To engage in proactive and effective communication with staff and customers.
17. To assist in the communication and promotion of the centre's services.
18. Assist all customers who have queries complaints or require information, in a polite, friendly and helpful manner.
19. To make recommendations for improvements to the service and ensure feedback is communicated to the appropriate staff.
20. To attend and undertake staff training on a regular basis with the minimum of 2 hours a month as required obtaining at least the minimum of 40 hours throughout your period of PLG qualification, to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification.
21. All staff within the Centre will take part in specific training programmes and an interest in their own personal development.
22. Maintain a professional attitude towards work and ensure operational procedures are adhered to at all times.
23. To comply at all times with SLT’s Disciplinary Policy.
24. Take reasonable steps at all times to ensure the health and safety of yourself, other staff and members of the public who may be affected by your actions or omissions at work.
25. Undertake such other related duties as may be allocated from time to time by the Management Team.
Number of Positions Available : 3
Working Week : 30 hours per week Various shift patterns including to cover weekends
Salary : £111.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 21/11/2018
Possible Start Date : 10/12/2018
Personal Qualities : Customer service is a central part of the role and you should understand how to create the right impression of both yourself and the company.
Your communications skills should be exemplary
Skills Required : You will need to be a confident swimmer
You will be flexible in relation to the hours you need to work
You should have a can do attitude with the willingness to learn
Future Prospects : For the right candidate who proves to be reliable flexible on hours willing to learn and develop a career long term prospects are excellent with further training and development available.
Training to be Provided : Leisure Operations level 2
no College Attendance at present
Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks. There may be the occasional need to attend either the Otley or Easton campus for short training courses and tests.
Other Information : Pay Rates: From 1st April 2018 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Working Week: 30 hours per week
Various shift patterns including to cover weekends
Shortlisting and Interviews - Shortlisting and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy ad. This may mean that the vacancy could close before the published cut-off date should suitable candidates be found.
Things to consider : You will often be on your feet for large parts of the day
You should bear in mind the physical nature of this role
You will be required to work various shift patterns covering weekends as well
The map below shows the employer's location