Job Title : Business Support Apprentice
Employer : Big Sky Property Management Ltd
Location : Long Stratton, Norfolk, NR15 2XE
Position Type : Apprenticeship/Internship
Sector : Professional Studies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01377
Vacancy Short Description : A fantastic opportunity to develop a career as a business administration apprentice with a prestigious local authority.
Qualifications Required : Minimum of 4 x GCSE’s at Grade C or above, including Maths and English, (or equivalent).
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
Vacancy Full Description : Key Responsibilities:
· Provide administrative support to the team and to carry out general administrative duties.
· Assist in review of administrative procedures, identifying efficiencies and required revisions and implement agreed new procedures.
· Maintenance of property-related records, for both the Big Sky Group and the South Norfolk Council.
· Assist with financial transactions which will require the liaison with both the Company’s and Council’s finance teams.
· Assist with the coordination and administration of building repairs and maintenance work, ensuring cyclical maintenance jobs and records are maintained and kept up to date.
· To assist with the procurement on suppliers and contractors
· Manage incoming communications (telephone and correspondence) for the team, prioritising, distributing and initiating actions for response as appropriate.
· Assist with the monitoring of defects and tenant issues, progress and chase works to ensure items are completed within a satisfactory timescale.
· Be prepared to undertake additional duties not included above that are appropriate to the job grade and qualifications, skill and experience as contained within the Person Specification, recognising that this Job Description will be kept under review and may be amended at the Companies discretion to ensure organisational needs are met.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Fri, 37 hrs p.w.
Salary : £149.85 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 28/01/2018
Possible Start Date : 12/02/2018
Personal Qualities : Essential Qualities:
Able to work effectively on your own and as part of a team
Flexible approach to work
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Able to plan, organise and meet deadlines
Need to demonstrate tact and discretion
To demonstrate initiative and a passion for learning and development.
Skills Required : Essential Skills:
Good customer service skills
Professional and confident telephone manner
Good IT skills
Able to take on individual project work
Able to work to tight deadlines
Future Prospects : This is a great opportunity for anybody looking to start a career within a local authority providing business administrative support services.
Training to be Provided : Qualification: Business Administration Level 2
College Attendance: There is no regular college attendance required as the qualification is delivered almost entirely in the workplace.
Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will Make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks. There may be the occasional need to attend either the Otley or Easton campus for short training courses and tests.
Other Information : Pay Rates: From 1st October 2017 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Working Week: 37 hours per week, Monday-Friday. Attendance is in line with business requirements.
This is an 18 month contract.
Shortlisting and Interviews - Shortlisting and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy ad. This may mean that the vacancy could close before the published cut-off date should suitable candidates be found.
Things to consider : Due to the nature of the role, the apprentice must have a good attention to detail and a sound grasp of the English language.
The map below shows the employer's location