Job Title : Business Admin Apprenticeship (Learning Resource Centre)
Employer : Easton & Otley College (Otley Campus)
Location : Ipswich, Suffolk, IP6 9EY
Position Type : Apprenticeship/Internship
Sector : Professional Studies
Vacancy Reference : VAC-01362
Vacancy Short Description : An exciting and varied role in which you will ensure that students are supported during periods of personal and supervised study in the College’s Library and study spaces.
Qualifications Required : Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades A-E or 9- 3. Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
Vacancy Full Description : An exciting and varied role in which you will ensure that students are supported during periods of personal and supervised study in the College’s Library and study spaces. You will also assist with day-to-day library processes, work alongside experienced staff in the delivery of our Learning Resources frontline customer service and have the opportunity to support our reception, ICT and admin teams across the College.
• To undertake and complete an Apprenticeship Qualification in Business Administration
• Provide friendly and efficient customer services in Otley Library and other study spaces, including dealing with customer enquiries face-to-face and via telephone and email.
• Assist with the supervision of our library and study spaces in order to provide a safe and supportive learning environment.
• Participate in Library & LRC inductions for new students and staff.
• Carry out Library operational tasks, particularly circulation and stock management duties including: issue and return of resources, shelving, shelf tidying and processing of library stock.
• Assist with online ordering and resource selection
• Supporting staff and students to access and use the resources available.
• Assist with the promotion of Library facilities and Services, ranging from noticeboards to internal social media platforms.
• Assist with frontline IT support to students by providing help with logging on to our network, basic to advanced support for Microsoft applications, printing, copying and scanning..
• Participate in team meetings and College CPD
• You will be involved in a variety of reception and administrative duties in other College areas, particularly during vacation time, to support the needs of the apprenticeship
• Any other duty deemed reasonable by the Principal
*Please note - we would consider a Customer Service apprenticeship if the chosen candidate preferred. The role is split between customer service and administration duties.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8:30am–5pm Mon–Thurs, 8:30am–4:30pm Friday
Salary : £129.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 08/02/2018
Possible Start Date : 26/02/2018
Personal Qualities : Attention to detail
Ability to challenge
Skills Required : Good level of education
Future Prospects : Career in learning resources, ie LRC Facilitators, librarianship
Training to be Provided : Qualification: Level 2 Business Admin
College Attendance: No weekly or block attendance, delivered in work place
Full training in LRC
Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks. There may be the occasional need to attend either the Otley or Easton campus for short training courses and tests.
Other Information : Pay Rates: The current NMW rate for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour with effect from 1st April 2017. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent in training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Apprentices need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in the industry with a contract of employment
Working Week: 8:30 – 5pm Monday – Thursday, 8:30 – 4:30 Friday
Shortlisting/Interviews - Shortlisting and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy ad. This may mean that the vacancy could close before the published cut-off date should suitable candidates be found.
Things to consider : Indoors, in a quiet environment
The map below shows the employer's location